- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
NURSING:: Critically examine an incident from recent practice whilst using a model of reflection.
- Essay length: 3323 words
- Submitted: 08/11/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
The purpose of this essay is to critically examine an incident from recent practice whilst using a model of reflection. This will enable me to analyse and make sense of the incident and draw conclusions concerning personal learning outcomes. The meaning of critical analysis and critical incidents will briefly be discussed followed by the process of reflection. The incident will then be described and analysed and then I will discuss issues raised in light of the recent literature relating to the incident. I will conclude with explaining what I have learned from the experience and how it will change my future actions.
Critical analysis involves assessing the differences, beliefs, benefits and disadvantages of a situation. (Polit and Hungler 1999). Burns and Bulman (2000) express that it is an important skill in professional practice and academic work. Engaging in critical analysis is a positive and constructive process as it identifies any strengths and weaknesses. (Girot 2001)
Burns & Bulman (2000) described critical incidents, as incidents that have had an emotional impact on individuals whereby the incident may be a positive or negative one. They are a means of examining significant incidents or situations in the practice area
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- Four models of disability with barriers and assessing them.
- Identify key aspects of legislation and guidelines relevant ...
- Theories of ageing p4 m2
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.