- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Outline differences between statutory and independent service provision.
- Essay length: 980 words
- Submitted: 16/01/2013
- Awarding body: Not known/Not applicable
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Healthcare and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Outline difference between statutory and independent service provision.
Services that are set up and regulated by the government.
Set up by the private sector (independent companies)
This means that government has decided that everyone who has a particular need must be able to access the service.
They offer paid services of those covered by insurance.
Government provides the money to support these services and pay the wages of those who work there.
Wages are provided by the corporation.
Some of the funding also comes from charges made to service users e.g. prescription charges, dental and optician fees.
Support which is founded through fee payment through an insurance company.
Some statutory care facilities such hospital and hospices are supported by volunteers.
Some independent services also have offers for volunteers.
Mental health trust
Private hosptal, dentist, optician, Child-minder, Nurseries, crÃ¨che, Breakfast club, after school club
Private medical and nursing homes
The national health
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Positive Care Environments. In my assignment I have chosen t...
- Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Soci...
- PROMOTING HEALTH. P1: explain three different approaches to...
- P3 explain factors that may influence communication and inte...
- Evaluate Biomedical and Socio Medical models of Health
- Abuse - definitions and signs.
- P2: Outline the overall structure of health service provisio...
- D2-Evaluate how the research project into eating patterns c...
- P2 Explain the potential effects of the five different life...
- P1-Describe Physical, Intellectual, Emotional and Social dev...
- The Role of Energy in the Body and the Physiology of Three N...
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Illustrate how to promote service users` rights and responsi...
- Explain two specific behaviors using psychological perspecti...
- Unit 5-The principles underpinning the role of the Practiti...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.