- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Past Paper Questions June 2011 - Case studies, care for the elderly and children
The first 200 words of this essay...
1. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages to Jack of his trip to visit the library. In your answer refer to physical and psychological factors. (10 marks)
First and foremost, one advantage is that Jack gets exercise despite his advanced age as he often walks about a mile from the home to the local library. This improves his health and wellbeing, making him active and fit. He also gets the autonomy, because he is given the opportunity to walk alone, without being accompanied. Furthermore, another advantage is that Jack gets stimulation, because he reads newspapers before walking back. This activity will keep him preoccupied without the feeling of getting bored. On the other hand, the disadvantage is that Jack is lacking social support, because he walks alone to the library without the assistance of a care worker. This is a dangerous risk, because Jack is not able enough to walk alone as he has got partial hearing and is often forgetful. Noticeable disadvantage is that Jack is lacking psychological security, because he gets frightened when he gets lost. This will make him feel the sense of fear and apprehension, because some elderly people do not know how to control
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Discuss difficulties that may arise when implementing anti-d...
- Theories of ageing p4 m2
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- In this essay I shall begin to justify how an ethical approa...
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.