- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Positive working practice enables health and social care workers to meet the specific needs of clients.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Healthcare and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Positive Working Practice
Positive working practice enables health and social care workers to meet the specific needs of clients. Each area of work needs to ensure that it meets the needs of all individuals. This means that everyone must have access to all these services regardless of their abilities.
Positive working practice becomes a great asset when considering how it can be applied to help those with additional needs. Before this was implemented, it was a common for individuals with additional needs to be expected to fit in with the rest of society. This meant that their needs were not being met. No real effort was put into concluding if the treatment they were receiving was beneficial to them or not.
In recent years, this has been changed. Services provide a more patient orientated examination. Meaning the patient is directly involved in every decision made. This left all decisive action down to them, ensuring they got the treatment they needed and felt comfortable with.
Looking at this from the perspective of someone with additional needs, you can conclude that this method would make them feel in control of their condition. Rather than someone telling what
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- Can CBT make a meaningful contribution in the treatment of s...
- P3 explain factors that may influence communication and inte...
- Describe Health and Social Care Service Provision for looked...
- Abnormal Psychology - Bipolar Disorder
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.