- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Principles of breast cancer care.
- Essay length: 4838 words
- Submitted: 12/08/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
* ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY OF THE
* AETIOLOGY AND RISK FACTORS.
* BREAST CANCER SCREENING.
* CLINICAL MANIFESTATIONS.
* TREATMENT APPROACHES.
* THE PSYCHOLOGICAL AND SOCIAL
IMPACT OF BREAST CANCER.
* PORTIFOLIO OF LEARNING EVIDENCE,
CRITICAL INCIDENT ANALYSIS.
Breast Cancer is the most is the most common malignancy and a leading cause of cancer deaths among women.
It causes a threat to life, the treatment can involve such a degree of disfigurement that it is a potential threat to a woman's self image.
Diseases of the breast do occur in men but much less frequently and these will not be discussed in detail.
Before discussing breast cancer it is helpful to have some knowledge of the structure of the breast and it's development.
THE FEMALE BREAST
The breasts are a pair and are found on the anterior chest wall, extending from the second to the sixth ribs.
They are made up of glandular, fatty and fibrous tissue covered by skin.
In male's breasts
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- In this essay I shall begin to justify how an ethical approa...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Identify key aspects of legislation and guidelines relevant ...
- Explain how national initiatives promote anti-discriminatory...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.