- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Produce a written assignment showing an understanding of the four main tissue types (epithelial, muscle, connective and nervous) and what they do in the heart and the intestine.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Unit 5- Anatomy and physiology
P2- Outline the structure of the main tissues of the body.
Produce a written assignment showing an understanding of the four main tissue types (epithelial, muscle, connective and nervous) and what they do in
the heart and the intestine.
Tissues are groups of cells with a common structure and function. There are four main tissues in the body - epithelium, muscle, connective tissue and
Epithelial tissue covers external surfaces and internal cavities and organs. Glands are also composed of epithelial tissue. It is made up of cells closely packed and ranged in one or more layers; compound epithelia is made up of several layers of cells and Simple epithelia is a single layer of cells. Simple epithelial includes four different types; squamous, cuboidal, ciliated and columnar. Epithelial tissue, regardless of the type, is usually separated from the underlying tissue by a thin sheet of connective tissue; basement membrane. The basement membrane provides structural support for the epithelium and also binds it to neighbouring structures. As a group, epithelial tissues perform a variety of functions, including protection, absorption, excretion, secretion
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- Explain the signs and symptoms related to Heart Disease and ...
- P1 & P2 Public Health
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.