- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Record keeping at Greyfriers nursing home. Prepare materials to provide a comprehensive account of the main content of each of the following piece of legislation that affect Greyfriers nursing home.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Record keeping at Greyfriers nursing home.
A. Prepare materials to provide a comprehensive account of the main content of each of the following piece of legislation that affect Greyfriers nursing home. You must include:
* Data Protection Act
* Care Standard Act
* Access to Personal Files Act
What is Data Protection Act?
Data Protection Act applies to all health, social care and early years settings. It is a United Kingdom Act of Parliament which explains UK law on the handling of data on perceptible living people. This legislation covers how to deal with private information although the Act itself does not discuss secrecy. This kind of information can only be accessed by care workers who have legal right to look at it and those individuals whose information is being held. Personal data must be kept accurate, up to date and shall not be kept for longer than is necessary as it should only be used for that particular purpose. Data Protection Act is applied to business information, credit card details, health records and social service records. Information should be kept private as it's only for professional care workers
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Identify key aspects of legislation and guidelines relevant ...
- Unit 10 caring for children and young people
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.