- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Should Teenagers Get Their Parents' Permission To Obtain Birth Control Information and Contraceptives?
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Healthcare and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
10 May 2007
Should Teenagers Get Their
To Obtain Birth Control Information and Contraceptives?
Parents of teenagers, teenagers of parents: There has never been a clearly defined position for either during this volatile period that both parent and teen forge through. Parental involvement related to teenage sexual health issues are among the most incendiary debates in America today. Inevitably, a family confronts this issue at home.
As it involves sexual health, sexuality, and intimate relationship, this topic can be difficult, confusing, and embarrassing for teenagers and their parents, causing for other than healthy discussion and supportive parenting. Therefore, teenagers should have the right to obtain birth control information and contraceptives from professional and reputable non-profit organizations, such as Planned Parenthood, without any requirement to get parental permission.
Those who champion the idea that laws should require teenagers to involve parents in matters of sexual health often term parental-consent as parental authority. Proponents of parental authority laws tend to focus conveniently on a single point, as if there were only a single star in the heavens - themselves. They seem to be blind to the rest of the stars that make
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- Can CBT make a meaningful contribution in the treatment of s...
- P3 explain factors that may influence communication and inte...
- Abnormal Psychology - Bipolar Disorder
- Describe Health and Social Care Service Provision for looked...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.