- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Sociological theories and health - feminism and Marxism
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Healthcare and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
This movement that is dedicated to making sure women have and attain rights and opportunities equal to those enjoyed by men. Feminists believe that women experience discrimination because of their sex and the also have particular needs that remain unmet as to in society. Within the feminist movement, there are various perspectives of what is the main importance. Some feminists hold Marxists views and take into consideration that capitalist society is mostly dominated by men. They believe that that these two factors are repeatedly reinforcing embedding their position as a natural order of society; this continues female oppression both ideologically and economically.
Gender and patterns are associated with the feminist approach, as women's expectancy is higher then men as they live 5 years longer then men, as infant mortality rates for boys are higher then those then baby girls, there is also a higher death rate for men this can be associated with the higher levels of alcohol drinking and cigarette smoking, there is also a high death rate for the younger generation of men aged between 17 and 24 this can be associated with risk taking and linked deaths from road accidents, this
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- Can CBT make a meaningful contribution in the treatment of s...
- P3 explain factors that may influence communication and inte...
- Abnormal Psychology - Bipolar Disorder
- Describe Health and Social Care Service Provision for looked...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.