- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The advantages and disadvantages of human cloning.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The advantages and disadvantages of human cloning
A clone is when two or more living things have identical DNA and genes. There are 3 different ways of cloning living things; the first two are for cloning plants. The first way is to take a cutting from the plant you wish to clone and dip it in rooting hormone for the cutting to develop its roots then you replant it and you have a clone.
The other way would be to collect a few cells from the plant or a tissue sample and grow it on a special type of jelly like substance that will grow the plant. Then you will end up with an exact copy, or clone.
The final method is how to clone a mammal. It is called embryo transplanting. To do this the scientist would split up the embryo before the cells became specifically designed for a job. The split up embryo cells would then be put in to a female of the species where the 4 embryos can no grow. These are called clones.
There are many advantages and disadvantages of cloning humans and other mammals; I will
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- Unit 3 Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care...
- I shall be assessing the different psychological approaches ...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.