- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
This booklet will help and support your learning and understanding of play, curriculum and early learning.
- Essay length: 3045 words
- Submitted: 14/05/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
This booklet will help and support your learning and understanding
of play, curriculum and early learning. This booklet should support you
as a new Diploma in Childcare and Education student.
In this booklet I will be developing your knowledge and understanding
in the following areas:
* What is play?
* Play opportunities for each type of play
* How creative, imaginative and physical play can promote learning
for children aged 4-5 years old and how the activity links to the Early Learning Goals
* The role of the adult in promoting play which meets the individual
needs of individual children
* The importance of providing a positive environment for play
* The strategies an adult may use to promote children's
What is play?
'Play provides an opportunity for the child to be occupied in activities
and tasks which are enjoyable and satisfying' (Richards J, 2002)
Children's play occurs naturally; it also builds children's self-esteem as
there are no right or wrongs ways to play.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Theories of ageing p4 m2
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Choose two different types of vulnerable adult abuse and ass...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.