- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
This essay is compose of four domains. The four domains I will be reflecting on are professional and ethical practices, care delivery, care management and personal/professional development.
- Essay length: 4640 words
- Submitted: 13/01/2005
The first 200 words of this essay...
Cohort: January 04
Branch: Mental Health Module: 3
This essay is compose of four domains. The four domains I will be reflecting on are professional and ethical practices, care delivery, care management and personal/professional development. I will also demonstrate my achievement of learning I gained during my six weeks clinical placement in the Acute Mental Ward. I will demonstrate the relationship between practice and the competencies observed whilst in the ward and relate this to theory such as the importance of communication, dignity, respect and safety and how this affects patient care. (Nicol et al 2004).
Dewey (1933) defined reflection as the process of internally examining and exploring an issue of concern, triggered by an experience which creates and clarifies meaning in terms of self, and which results in a changed conceptual perspective. (Burnard Philip.1995). Reflection is described as noticing or becoming aware of what you are doing, as you are doing it. Reflection can also be seen as the idea of learning through experience. Burnard (1995) referred to reflection as a process which involves the practitioner being aware of his or her own psychological, cognitive and behavioral state.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Identify key aspects of legislation and guidelines relevant ...
- Unit 10 caring for children and young people
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student