- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Unit 5-The principles underpinning the role of the Practitioner working with children
- Essay length: 7073 words
- Submitted: 15/04/2012
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Healthcare and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Unit 5-The principles underpinning the role of the
Practitioner working with children
Practitioners have the responsibility to maintain a professional relationship with children, families, colleagues and other professionals in a range of settings. When working in early years setting you will be expected to work with other professionals that may be on the same site as yourself or from the community where they will be required to come into your setting. For example if a practitioner is working in a children's centre a speech therapist may work on the same site but is you work on a small rural nursery the therapist may visit your setting regularly when required.
When working as an early year's practitioner there will be codes of practice that underpin your practice. These will state how you as a professional are expected to conduct yourself within your role. Codes of practice are not the law but are set out by the employer for all employees to comply with within the setting, and will be relevant to pieces of legislation. Your employer will guide you through the codes of practice set out and they will also be
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Identify key aspects of legislation and guidelines relevant ...
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of staff in relation...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.