- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What is Cannabis?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Cannabis has many different names, pot, hemp, marijuana and marihuana but its affects are all the identical. Firstly I would like to show where Marijuana stands compared to other legal and illegal drugs.
Over 70 million Americans have smoked marijuana at some time in their lives. Of these, 18 million have smoked marijuana within the last year, and ten million are regular marijuana smokers.
The French National Health and Medical Research Institute, INSERM, consulted with experts from other countries and rated drugs by their danger in 1998 at government request. They established 3 groups:
* "Most dangerous" - heroin, alcohol, and cocaine
* "Next most dangerous" - tobacco, amphetamines.
* "Least dangerous" - Marijuana, since it has "low toxicity, little addictive power and poses only a minor threat to social behavior," [annual drug related deaths in the U.S. are about 400,000 for tobacco, 100,000 for alcohol, 10,000 for all illegal drugs, and zero for marijuana]
Marijuana is Much less dangerous than heroin, alcohol, and cocaine. It is not a "gateway" that leads the use of any other drug, but making marijuana illegal does establish a "gateway."
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- Unit 3 Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care...
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- P1 & P2 Public Health
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.