- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Arab-Israeli Conflict 1948-1996.
The first 200 words of this essay...
YR 12 MODERN HISTORY ASSESSMENT TASK
Term 3, 2004
Arab-Israeli Conflict 1948-1996
Student Number: 347
Assess the effectiveness of the Arab and Israeli peace initiatives from the 1970s to the 1990s.
The Arab and Israeli peace initiatives that have taken place between the 1970s and 1990s have been both successful and unsuccessful; however the successful initiatives have been limited in reaching the ultimate goal of peace between the Arabs and Israelis. There have been three major peace initiatives that include the Camp David Accords, Madrid Peace Conference and the Oslo Accords. To assess the effectiveness of these peace initiatives, a look at how successful the outcomes are will be necessary to make a judgement.
On the 22nd November, 1967 the United Nations presented a resolution that was to solve the Arab-Israeli conflict, but as a result it only contrasted this intention. UN Resolution 242 sent both nations interpreting the text differently. This caused an uproar over which territories belonged to whom, each side arguing for their own benefit. This resolution acted as a catalyst that propelled a number of initiatives to solve the Arab-Israeli conflict.
When the October War broke out
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International History, 1945-1991 (view all)
- British Imperialism in India.
- Assess the view that the US Policy of Marshall Aid was motiv...
- The Bay of Pigs Invasion
- How far was the USA's military involvement in Korea the cons...
- Describe the social, political and economic effects of WWI
- How far was the Cuban missile crisis the most significant e...
- How advantageous was the policy of detente to the management...
- To what extent can Stalins emergence as leader of Soviet Rus...
- Assess the reasons for the development of the Cold War
- Compare Sources A B and C as evidence that Churchill instiga...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student