- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Asses the contribution of the Jesuits to the Catholic revival in the Sixteenth Century
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Catholic Reformation
"Asses the contribution of the Jesuits to the Catholic revival in the Sixteenth Century"
There is no dispute that the Jesuits played very important roles in the revival of the Catholic faith and the Counter Reformation alongside the Council of Trent. It was particularly the Jesuits who played the most vital role in taking the ideas agreed at Trent and putting them into practise throughout Europe. Although the Jesuits were a just small group of people, they were the activists that helped spread, clarify, solidify and improve the operations of the Church, thus leading to its long term revival. The revival of the Catholic Church was mainly reliant on the correction of 4 Key factors; the ecclesiastical or reconfiguration of the church, the Religious orders, The spiritual spread or movements, and the political dimensions of the church which were all covered by the Jesuits although the Council of Trent.
Among all the conditions that needed to be corrected there was the growing divide between the clerics and the laity as well as many members of the clergy in the rural parishes. Reasons for this were because of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Other Historical Periods (view all)
- Examine the impact of the Great Famine on Irelands society, ...
- Extended Essay: Bismarck and The Unification of Germany
- Assess the contributions of Militiades and Leonidas to the c...
- To what extent was the first crusade a success
- Explain the factors which attracted European imperialism eit...
- How accurate is it to say that the weakness of the Protestan...
- Why was Luther able to challenge the Catholic Church so succ...
- To what extent could the Crusades be described as failure wi...
- How successful was King Richard I in achieving his objective...
- How important was Spiritual Motivation for the participation...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.