- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Australia in the Vietnam war Era.
The first 200 words of this essay...
After WWII, the world was captivated by the threat of communism. The fear of communism within Australia was a major political issue during the Era of the Cold War. As a result, the key developments in Australia's response to the threat of communism consisted of the Forward Defence Policy, signing significant alliance treaties which subsequently included the SEATO and ANZUS treaties (South East Asia Treaty Organisation and the Australia New Zealand United States), and actively participating in military conflicts, which included the Korean War, the Malayan Emergency and the Vietnam War. However, it can be determined that the Vietnam War was the most controversial and decisive of Australia's military commitment to counteracting the threat of Communism. The underlying factors which resulted in Australia's involvement in the Vietnam War included the fear of the Domino Theory, the Forward Defence Policy, supporting their loyal ally, the United States, in accordance with the treaties. It is evident that these political and military reasons occurred in order to protect the ideology of Capitalism.
Capitalism and Communism were the 2 main conflicting ideologies. The 2 major super powers behind these ideologies were Russia, a supporter of Communism and America, a supporter of Capitalism. It can
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International History, 1945-1991 (view all)
- Explain the Importance of D-Day As a Turning Point In Ww2.
- The collapse of the USSR was caused by internal problems and...
- Was the Korean War a Product of the Cold War tensions?
- World War One Sources Question
- In the period 1945-50, the USA and the USSR were equally agg...
- How far was the Cuban missile crisis the most significant e...
- How advantageous was the policy of detente to the management...
- To what extent can Stalins emergence as leader of Soviet Rus...
- Assess the reasons for the development of the Cold War
- Compare Sources A B and C as evidence that Churchill instiga...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.