- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Bog Bodies. Preserved bodies are crucial to historians in unravelling information on past civilisations. The nature of the bodies and the conclusions that can be drawn allow a scientific outlook on their lives.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Preserved bodies are crucial to historians in unravelling information on past civilisations. The nature of the bodies and the conclusions that can be drawn allow a scientific outlook on their lives. The evidence, found with the body, including weaponry and equipment allow opportunity to investigate the technology of past civilisations. The nature of the body furthermore reveal details on status, appearance and occupation, giving modern historians insight to the general day-to-day lives and the structure of past civilisations. From this, it can be determined that preserved bodies play an essential role in learning about the past.
The various items that are found with bodies reveal the technology available at the time and subsequently the estimated time of which the person lived. The 5000 year old preserved body of Otzi, found in the Italian Alps, was found with various pieces of weaponry; a copper axe, flint dagger, a bow and arrows. These pieces of equipment gave modern historians a standpoint to the technological advancements of past civilisations. The copper axe head indicates that ancient civilisations of Otzi's time had access to copper tools and weapons. The evidence of copper along with DNA testing provided further evidence that Otzi lived during
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Other Historical Periods (view all)
- Education in the Middle Colonies
- Explain the factors which attracted European imperialism eit...
- Extended Essay: Bismarck and The Unification of Germany
- Why did William win the Battle of Hastings?
- Revision Table - Tudor Rebellions
- How accurate is it to say that the weakness of the Protestan...
- Why was Luther able to challenge the Catholic Church so succ...
- To what extent could the Crusades be described as failure wi...
- How successful was King Richard I in achieving his objective...
- How important was Spiritual Motivation for the participation...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.