- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Causes of the America Revolution
Are you in the right place?
Jump to History and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Many factors influences the American rebellion known as the American Revolution. Though political influences existed, the American Revolution was primarily an economic rebellion, because of conflict over taxation and representation in Parliament. The colonists had strong beliefs that the English government was unfair and often tyrannical. The conflicts over trade, taxes, and government representation brought about the revolution that began shaping the United States as it is today.
Although there were many economic influences on the American Revolution, these were not the primary causes. The colonists believed that the king of England, King George III at the time, was too controlling over the colonies, with tyrannical leadership. This is shown in the Declaration of Independence, declaring the United States free from "absolute Tyranny over the States." To add to this conflict, British forces were attempting to intimidate the colonists into submission. The colonist's attitude towards this policy was that it only gave them more cause and justification for violence. The general belief among to colonists was that it was God's will that America and Britain be separated, and God's will was a pretty strong proponent and motivation for them. In 1775, the colonists took
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History of the USA, 1840-1968 (view all)
- To What extent had the New Deal been successful in overcomin...
- Control Panel & Printers Exercises.
- Assess the significance of the role of individuals in reduci...
- What was Lincoln's motive in issuing the Emancipating procla...
- King Arthur and Zeus
- 'Johnson alone bears the responsibility for the escalation o...
- How Successful Was Martin Luther Kings Campaign For Civil Ri...
- The Ku Klux Klan prevented African Americans from gaining ci...
- How much and why did President Truman help to promote racial...
- Causes of the radicalisation of the Civil Rights Movement
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.