- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Creative Writing - War.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Creative Writing - War
We all heard the disquieting crunch, off in the far distance. For a few seconds, we remained still, sinking deeper into the mud, anticipating another sound to calm our nerves. Instead, a fraudulent silence followed. General Loft's reaction was delayed; his hand shot up immediately as he remembered his position. Hurriedly, he waved us down. For a second he starred hard into the dense green jungle, trying to pierce through it with his eyes. Ours were focused on his right hand, awaiting further instructions. His eyes widened, with fear and urgency he turned to face us. His mouth opened, but all we could hear was a neat and tidy screech, travelling through the sharp leaves. Blood exploded out of Loft's neck as the bullet made impact. His fall to the ground was slow; it seemed to suck out all the sound around us. As the general's body splattered into the swamp, the monstrous crackle of machine gun fire roared around us. Chests began bursting around me, blood and dirt spitting everywhere. A few men tried to run, but they were consumed by a grenade's unleashed inferno. The medic seemed to be dodging bullets for a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International History, 1945-1991 (view all)
- The collapse of the USSR was caused by internal problems and...
- Duality in Frankenstein
- Can War Be Justified?
- To what extent was the nuclear arms race a more stabilising ...
- British Imperialism in India.
- How far was the Cuban missile crisis the most significant e...
- How advantageous was the policy of detente to the management...
- To what extent can Stalins emergence as leader of Soviet Rus...
- Assess the reasons for the development of the Cold War
- Compare Sources A B and C as evidence that Churchill instiga...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.