- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Disadvantages of Capitalism.
- Essay length: 8197 words
- Submitted: 17/02/2004
Are you in the right place?
Jump to History and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Disadvantages of Capitalism
As discussed in the advantages of Capitalism the consumer has all the power in the economy. However individuals purchasing power is drastically unequal because of the inequality of wealth within the economy. This is due to the fact that some people will always be able to work harder, be more innovative and be more talented than others, and therefore be more profitable and promote themselves higher in the economy whilst others will fail.
Because of the inequality of wealth in a truly Capitalist society with no Government welfare great poverty will occur. This will lead to homelessness, slums, disease, etc. Forced migration will also increase these problems in large cities and towns. The people who cannot make any money in the countryside will move to the towns and cities with the belief of finding work and making money. In reality they will just add to the ever growing population of the poor classes.
In a Capitalist society the rich get richer and the poor stay poor. In the end this will lead to great unrest and low morale in the society.
In order to debate between Capitalism
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International History, 1945-1991 (view all)
- "Asses the successes and failures of Mao's domestic pol...
- The collapse of the USSR was caused by internal problems and...
- What were the Causes and Consequences of the Crimean War?
- Why Did Stalin Build the Iron Curtain?
- How was civilian life affected by WW1?
- How far was the Sino-Soviet split of the late 1960s the resu...
- How Far was the Sino-soviet split of the late 1960s the resu...
- Factors in the collapse of the USSR.
- Assess the importance of the Economy in changing the nature ...
- How far did peaceful coexistence ease Cold War tensions betw...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.