- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain how Luthers background and personal experiences made him likely to rebel against the Catholic Church 12m
The first 200 words of this essay...
Explain how Luther's background and personal experiences made him likely to rebel against the Catholic Church 12m
Martin Luther was born in Germany in 1483 to a middle class family, he later became a monk and was allowed to study and teach by the church. In 1520 the church declared him a heretic. in this essay we will discuss Luther's background and personal experiences and how likely this made to attack the church. Shows a sound overview of his background and the timescale you are dealing with here.
After fearing for his life during a thunder storm Luther promised [G - it's a proper noun] god he would become a monk as long as he spared him. He did survive the thunderstorm so later, against his dads wishes, joined the Augusti[ni]an order of monks. He was an exemplary monk and lived properly as the bible showed, however even open to the behavior and living conditions of other monks, he felt he was too sinful for the priesthood he later went on to receive, believing he fell short of gods high standards. He dedicated his life to god and reaching heaven, carrying out good deeds for the grace he
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Other Historical Periods (view all)
- Education in the Middle Colonies
- Why did William win the Battle of Hastings?
- Extended Essay: Bismarck and The Unification of Germany
- How far was the Provisional Government responsible for its o...
- Revision Table - Tudor Rebellions
- How accurate is it to say that the weakness of the Protestan...
- Why was Luther able to challenge the Catholic Church so succ...
- To what extent could the Crusades be described as failure wi...
- How successful was King Richard I in achieving his objective...
- How important was Spiritual Motivation for the participation...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.