- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain how the human rights position of the jews has improved since world war two
The first 200 words of this essay...
Explain how the human rights position of the Jews has improved since World War Two.
Jews have been subjected to Anti-Semitism for hundreds of years mainly as a result of Christian teachings which blamed them for the death of Jesus Christ. They were labelled "Christ-Killers" and in the early 20th century many were being persecuted in Russia. This forced many of them to flee to Germany as they believed it was a much safer place with a more tolerant society. However, once Hitler came to power this soon changed and after the Wannsee conference in January 1942 he activated the "Final Solution." This saw millions of Jews being herded into extermination camps like Auschwitz-Birkenau where they were gassed, shot or worked to death. It is approximated that 6 million Jews were brutally murdered during the Holocaust. Although, Jews were greatly discriminated during the Second World War there human rights position has vastly improved since 1945.
On November 20th 1945 Jews first gained the Justice they deserved when 24 leading Nazi where put on trial for 10 months in Nuremburg. They were tried on four accounts; Crimes against peace, War crimes, Crimes against humanity and Conspiracy. The
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International History, 1945-1991 (view all)
- The collapse of the USSR was caused by internal problems and...
- Analysis of Political Cartoons
- The Soviet Union developed its influence in Eastern Europe i...
- To what extent did the nuclear arms race make the world a mo...
- Explain the Importance of D-Day As a Turning Point In Ww2.
- How far was the Cuban missile crisis the most significant e...
- How advantageous was the policy of detente to the management...
- To what extent can Stalins emergence as leader of Soviet Rus...
- Assess the reasons for the development of the Cold War
- Compare Sources A B and C as evidence that Churchill instiga...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.