- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How far do you agree with the view that the development of the Cold War in the Period 1945-1950 was the result of Stalins foreign policy?
The first 200 words of this essay...
How far do you agree with the view that the development of the Cold War in the Period 1945-1950 was the result of Stalin's foreign policy?
During the period of 1945 to 1950 the Cold War developed between the Superpowers of the United States and the Soviet Union. The end of the Second World War had resulted in a power vacuum over war-torn Europe and left a legacy of mistrust and suspicion between the two superpowers. The Yalta and Potsdam conferences proved this as they failed to agree on certain issues and as the leaders of the United Kingdom and United States changed in between the two conferences. The relationship and trust between the leaders that once stood close during the war had broken down. During this period Joseph Stalin, the leader of the Soviet Union and President Truman of the United States had conflicted with each other nations in a series of events in Europe such as the Czechoslovakian Crisis and the Berlin Blockade. There were also the other policies such as the Truman Doctrine and the Protection of the Socialist State that also played a huge part in the birth of the Cold war. However, there is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International History, 1945-1991 (view all)
- The collapse of the USSR was caused by internal problems and...
- Duality in Frankenstein
- Can War Be Justified?
- To what extent was the nuclear arms race a more stabilising ...
- How did the League of Nations hope to prevent future wars be...
- How far was the Cuban missile crisis the most significant e...
- How advantageous was the policy of detente to the management...
- To what extent can Stalins emergence as leader of Soviet Rus...
- Assess the reasons for the development of the Cold War
- Compare Sources A B and C as evidence that Churchill instiga...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.