- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Is there sufficient evidence in sources A-F to explain why there was an anti-war movement in the USA in the 1960-1970s?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Is there sufficient evidence in sources A-F to explain why there was an anti-war movement in the USA in the 1960-1970s? (Question 3)
Source A is an extract from the book "Four hours in Me Lai", written by Michael Bilton in 1992. The book is about the events that happened in My Lai, and it endeavours to explain why the USA lost the war in Vietnam. It is targeting mainly the adult population, in England, the USA and other English speaking countries. On one hand it does have sufficient evidence to explain why there was an anti-war movement as the content is all true. It states the high death rate and inexperience of all the USA's soldiers, which were two big reasons for the anti-war movement. This is also what Martin Luther King spoke of in his anti-war speeches. The main reason for it not having sufficient evidence is that it was written well after the war had ended, and therefore could have no direct influence on the anti-war movements in the 1960-1970's.
Source B is a well-known photograph, to which the photographer is unknown. It was taken at some point during the Vietnam war but there
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International History, 1945-1991 (view all)
- The collapse of the USSR was caused by internal problems and...
- Analysis of Political Cartoons
- The Soviet Union developed its influence in Eastern Europe i...
- Explain the Importance of D-Day As a Turning Point In Ww2.
- To what extent did the nuclear arms race make the world a mo...
- How far was the Cuban missile crisis the most significant e...
- How advantageous was the policy of detente to the management...
- To what extent can Stalins emergence as leader of Soviet Rus...
- Assess the reasons for the development of the Cold War
- Compare Sources A B and C as evidence that Churchill instiga...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.