- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Key Question 4 - What have we learnt so far?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Key Question 4
8th December 2008
Jenny Greenwood & James Shelford
Why was the Rump Parliament Fragile?
What did Scotland want Charles to agree to?
Abandon Anglicanism and to take the Presbyterian covenant.
What was Charles hoping for?
That either the Royalist Montrose still fighting in Scotland or Ormonde in Ireland would have decisive victories which could give him an independent Royalist power base.
Why did Charles have no choice in the end but to accept Scotland's terms?
Because both of these were defeated he had to accept the terms of the Scottish Presbyterians and had to make a public statement opposing his fathers and mothers religions.
What happened at Dunbar in 1650?
Cromwell lead an army across borders in June, he achieved victory in September, his army of 3000 trapped by the sea (at a disadvantage) defeated the Scottish army of 10, 000. He then set about reducing the rest of Scotland helped by the divisions among the Scots, many of whom has only reluctantly taken up Charles cause.
The 'Third' Civil War:
What did Charles do in 1651? Why would Royalists not
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
British History: Monarchy & Politics (view all)
- How successful was Wolseys Domestic policy?
- Labour weakness was the most important reason for Conservati...
- Assess the role of the nobility in providing political stabi...
- What changed as a result of the 1867 Reform Act?
- Success in the Falklands ensured Thatchers election victory ...
- Account for the decline in trade union power, 1964-1990
- How Successful was Edward Carson in His Defense of Unionism ...
- "Asquith and the Liberals were solely responsible for t...
- Do you agree with the view suggested in source 5 that the ma...
- To what extent does the Reform Act of 1832 deserved to be ca...
- Did Oliver Cromwell achieve his objectives from 1642 to 1658...
- ' Did Alexander II deserve the title Tsar Liberator
- The most important reason for Wolseys fall from power was hi...
- In what ways and to what extent does the concept of Spain's ...
- How liberal were Gladstone's domestic reforms during his fir...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.