- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Reasons for Germany's defeat.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Reasons for Germany's defeat
Hitler's strategic and tactical errors
Hitler made numerous errors during WW2. He allowed a 2 front war to develop by invading the USSR before defeating Britain. He tried to attack too many targets at once and strategy became confused. He made a foolish mistake of declaring war on America in 1941. Hitler also underestimated his enemies, he thought the soviet army would be reasonably small and ill equipped; instead he faced a large and determined force. He frequently bit off more than he could chew, resulting in stretched resources and struggling troops, he always refused to retreat. He also often ignored his general's advice meaning he made mistakes and bad decisions.
Defeat of the German army in North Africa
The German army in North Africa was defeated when Hitler split the already stretched army there. He sent half of the troops to Italy after deciding that they needed his help.
The aerial bombardment of Germany
This decreased the German morale as Britain bombed innocent residential areas as well as military targets, killing citizens. British and American planes also adopted area bombing. They dropped around 72,000 tonnes of bombs
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International History, 1945-1991 (view all)
- Duality in Frankenstein
- The collapse of the USSR was caused by internal problems and...
- British Imperialism in India.
- How significant was the presence of foreign powers as an inf...
- Can War Be Justified?
- How far was the Cuban missile crisis the most significant e...
- How advantageous was the policy of detente to the management...
- To what extent can Stalins emergence as leader of Soviet Rus...
- Assess the reasons for the development of the Cold War
- Compare Sources A B and C as evidence that Churchill instiga...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.