- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Short description of Epic of Gilgamesh
The first 200 words of this essay...
Epic of Gilgamesh
One of the biggest parts of the story is Gilgamesh's battles. First is his battle with Enkidu, which happens because Gilgamesh had made a law that he would get to have intercourse with women on their wedding night, even before their husbands. Enkidu didn't agree with this so he stood in Gilgamesh's way. From the story I couldn't figure out who won, if anyone, since there are so many lines missing. But after the fight Gilgamesh and Enkidu became friends.
The next battle was Enkido and Gilgamesh's battle with Humbaba. In this battle what I thought was interesting was how it tells that Humbaba begged Gilgamesh for his life and Enkidu just kept telling him to kill him anyway. Then Humbaba starts begging Enkidu to have Gilgamesh spare his life. But that was a no go, Enkidu pretty much told Gilgamesh to hurry up so the gods wouldn't show up and stop him. He also told Gilgamesh that if he killed Humbaba he would be infamous.
Then the battle with the Bull of Heaven was next. This battle happened because Gilgamesh insulted the princess goddess Ishtar after she had made sexual
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Other Historical Periods (view all)
- Extended Essay: Bismarck and The Unification of Germany
- Was the War Measures act necessary for the October Crisis
- Examine the impact of the Great Famine on Irelands society, ...
- Why did the Second Crusade Fail?
- To what extent did the lack of Muslim unity assist the Crusa...
- How accurate is it to say that the weakness of the Protestan...
- Why was Luther able to challenge the Catholic Church so succ...
- To what extent could the Crusades be described as failure wi...
- How successful was King Richard I in achieving his objective...
- How important was Spiritual Motivation for the participation...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.