- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The government in China today is communist.
The first 200 words of this essay...
-WHY DOES THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT AT THE START OF THE 21ST CENTURY REFUSE TO GIVE ITS PEOPLE DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS DESPITE ENCOURAGING PRIVATE ENTERPRISE IN INDUSTRY, COMMERCE AND AGRICULTURE AND HOW DO YOU SEE THIS SITUATION CHANGING IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS?
The government in China today is communist. It refuses to give the population democratic rights for a variety of reasons based around the history of China over the last several thousand years, China between 1900 and 1949 and concerning the Communist Party itself. However the Communists encourage private enterprise because of what has happened since 1949. China's development in the future will be due to the problems they face today.
The fact that China is a communist country with a capitalist economy is a paradox. Normally in a communist country the government controls all industry. This is not very successful as without competition technology does not develop. China has chosen to use a capitalist economy because of its experiences with a communist one.
One reason for refusing to give democratic rights is that of the dynasties. China had been very successful for hundreds of years without democracy. In the early 20th Century
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International History, 1945-1991 (view all)
- Explain the Importance of D-Day As a Turning Point In Ww2.
- The collapse of the USSR was caused by internal problems and...
- In the period 1945-50, the USA and the USSR were equally agg...
- Was the Korean War a Product of the Cold War tensions?
- World War One Sources Question
- How far was the Cuban missile crisis the most significant e...
- How advantageous was the policy of detente to the management...
- To what extent can Stalins emergence as leader of Soviet Rus...
- Assess the reasons for the development of the Cold War
- Compare Sources A B and C as evidence that Churchill instiga...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.