- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Why were the major cities of Britain bombed by the Germans in 1940-1941?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Q1. Why were the major cities of Britain bombed by the Germans in 1940-1941?
A1.The heavy and frequent bombing carried out across Britain in 1940-1941 was nicknamed by the British press The Blitz or Blitzkrieg. This was the German word for 'lightning war'. The Blitz was an infamous event which caused great devastation across Britain. Why did it happen? Why did they go to war? As you read on I will answer all these questions and show you an insight in to the events which took place in the war. However the major cites of Britain would not have been bombed if Britain was not at war with Germany. If the First World War claimed to be 'the war to end all wars' why did the Second World War start?
The main reason the Second World War started was the effects of World War One promoted a chain reaction which lead to World War Two. The Treaty of Versailles signed at the end of World War One did not draw up fair borders and enabled Germany to be guarded by Europe constantly which frustrated the Germans. Hyperinflation in 1923 gave the opportunity for the US to create big
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International History, 1945-1991 (view all)
- Duality in Frankenstein
- How did the League of Nations hope to prevent future wars be...
- Explain the Importance of D-Day As a Turning Point In Ww2.
- The Empire of the Sun - How does Ballard use the different n...
- The collapse of the USSR was caused by internal problems and...
- How far was the Cuban missile crisis the most significant e...
- How advantageous was the policy of detente to the management...
- To what extent can Stalins emergence as leader of Soviet Rus...
- Assess the reasons for the development of the Cold War
- Compare Sources A B and C as evidence that Churchill instiga...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.