- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Why were the major cities of Britain bombed by the Germans in 1940-1941?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Q1. Why were the major cities of Britain bombed by the Germans in 1940-1941?
A1.The heavy and frequent bombing carried out across Britain in 1940-1941 was nicknamed by the British press The Blitz or Blitzkrieg. This was the German word for 'lightning war'. The Blitz was an infamous event which caused great devastation across Britain. Why did it happen? Why did they go to war? As you read on I will answer all these questions and show you an insight in to the events which took place in the war. However the major cites of Britain would not have been bombed if Britain was not at war with Germany. If the First World War claimed to be 'the war to end all wars' why did the Second World War start?
The main reason the Second World War started was the effects of World War One promoted a chain reaction which lead to World War Two. The Treaty of Versailles signed at the end of World War One did not draw up fair borders and enabled Germany to be guarded by Europe constantly which frustrated the Germans. Hyperinflation in 1923 gave the opportunity for the US to create
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International History, 1945-1991 (view all)
- "Asses the successes and failures of Mao's domestic pol...
- The collapse of the USSR was caused by internal problems and...
- How was civilian life affected by WW1?
- What were the Causes and Consequences of the Crimean War?
- Why Did Stalin Build the Iron Curtain?
- How far was the Sino-Soviet split of the late 1960s the resu...
- How Far was the Sino-soviet split of the late 1960s the resu...
- Factors in the collapse of the USSR.
- Assess the importance of the Economy in changing the nature ...
- How far did peaceful coexistence ease Cold War tensions betw...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.