- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
WW1 Sources Question: War Recruitment Propaganda.
The first 200 words of this essay...
WW1 Sources Question: War Recruitment Propaganda
The Sources Consist of Poster's Saying/Showing:
* Source A: Go! It's your duty lad
* Source B: Daddy, what did you do in the great war?
* Source C: The Kaiser, personified as a Gorilla, crawling over a city with a woman in his had.
* Source D:An American Recruitment Poster
* Source E: A Soldier's Post-Card (Controlled)
* Source F:A Painting of soldiers chasing a ball across the battlefield
* Source G: A Poem about the Somme
* Source H: A First Hand Account of the Somme
* Sources H&J: Graphic,Uncensored Accounts of the Somme1)
I believe sources A and B were published before 1916 and Source C after 1916. Sources A and B both concentrate on convincing men to sign up to the armed forces and since conscription was not introduced until 1916 these posters must have been published before 1916. Source C is an American poster; America did not join until 1917, therefore Source C must have been published after 1916.2)The posters are all similar in on fundamental way, they all concentrate on convincing young men to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International History, 1945-1991 (view all)
- The collapse of the USSR was caused by internal problems and...
- Duality in Frankenstein
- Can War Be Justified?
- To what extent was the nuclear arms race a more stabilising ...
- British Imperialism in India.
- How far was the Cuban missile crisis the most significant e...
- How advantageous was the policy of detente to the management...
- To what extent can Stalins emergence as leader of Soviet Rus...
- Assess the reasons for the development of the Cold War
- Compare Sources A B and C as evidence that Churchill instiga...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.