- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Communication technologies. choose and justify the choice of a particular access control method for a given situation.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to ICT and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
D2 choose and justify the choice of a particular access control method for a given situation.
CSMA CA: a medium access control MAC protocol used in a bus network CSMA/CA requires a delay in network activity after completing a transmission. carries sense multiple access collusion avoidance is a network contention protocol that listens to a network allowing it to avoid any collusion unlike CSMA CD which only deals with network transmission only, if collusion appears CSMA CA comes in play by broadcasting the signals to the network, to listen for collusion and inform other devices not to broadcast any signal before any data can be transmitted.CSM/CA is more expensive to implement that CSMA/CD as it requires additional embedding on each device and it offers an improved access control which reduces collisions thereby improve performance of the network. CSMA/CA is half duplex in nature as wireless LANs are standardized in IEE 802.11 which uses positive acknowledgement ACK mechanism, which requires transmitting station, checking the medium to determine its availability sending a short request for transmitting RST packets containing the source and destination address and if available a response is sent to send the CTS packet. If an ACK packet is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Information Systems and Communication (view all)
- Barriers to Effective Communication Communication is the pro...
- This essay will look at communication within a healthcare se...
- Explain in detail "Communication Process" and writ...
- List and describe the 11 systems of the human body, their fu...
- Possible Future Developments of the Internet. Pervasive Netw...
- Discuss the Causes and Effects of the Digital Divide
- Evaluation of an IT task - producing a holiday brochure
- Evaluation. In this unit of controlled assessment I have dev...
- Compare and Contrast Major console platforms
- E-Commerce Laws and Legislation - The Data Protection Act
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.