- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Discuss The Importance Of Perception In Face To Face Communication Between Individuals
Are you in the right place?
Jump to ICT and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Discuss The Importance Of Perception In Face To Face
Communication Between Individuals
Perception is one of the most important fragments of the communication process. It allows us all to see an individual experience of the world. The process is simple, the brain actively selects, organises and interprets stimuli, in order to process this experience.
Even before we engage in communication, we perceive things about the receiver. Whether it's the bad things we've heard about them previously - which would build up a feeling of dislike or the good things e.g. support same football team. Both of these perceptions are examples of stereotyping which will affect the expectation of an individual in a different way than it'll affect someone else.
In Face to Face communication, it is possible for an individual to be distracted by motivation. This is a psychological factor that can affect perception. For example: Of a person is tired, they may pay more attention to words in a conversation such as "Warmth", Another psychological factor that will influence, affect perception is Values and Attitudes. This factor could lead to disliking due to a difference of opinion on, For Example smoking. Perception in Face
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Information Systems and Communication (view all)
- Evaluation. In this unit of controlled assessment I have dev...
- E-Commerce Laws and Legislation - The Data Protection Act
- Background on Sainsbury's
- Explain the role of web architecture in website communicatio...
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Blogs
- Information technology and the way we work
- Popularity of Social networking sites: The reasons and how t...
- Discuss the impact of ICT on cinema and entertainment system...
- Discuss the impact of ICT on the way we socialise and intera...
- Identify, possible future developments in ICT and explain th...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.