- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Explain in your own words the main components / features of an Management Information System and how it supports these functional areas
The first 200 words of this essay...
Explain in your own words the main components / features of an MIS and how it supports these functional areas
MIS is a system that supports the users by giving predetermined answers, based on input query. This information is usually summarised from an information system. A good example is a store recording the weekly sales by product type and day of the week, possibly even the time of the day that they get more sales. It might not sound useful to know what time a product is sold, but it can actually help the manager that sets up a weekly rota for its staff. It also helps the store to know what to sell at certain times of the year, for example it might not be a good idea to sell t-shirts in 'bulk' if the country is going through a cold spell.
There are many advantages for using MIS, the main ones being very easy to use, and it is usually a quick process. It is used mainly by senior management staff. In order for a MIS to be used, it needs to meet certain standards. This controls the effectiveness of the system. The system needs
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Information Systems and Communication (view all)
- E-Commerce Laws and Legislation - The Data Protection Act
- Networking Systems. Network Cabling, Network Interface Cards...
- List and describe the 11 systems of the human body, their fu...
- Compare the effectiveness of different transmission methods.
- Impact of ICT on Society - The advantages and disadvantages ...
- Information technology and the way we work
- Popularity of Social networking sites: The reasons and how t...
- Discuss the impact of ICT on cinema and entertainment system...
- Discuss the impact of ICT on the way we socialise and intera...
- Identify, possible future developments in ICT and explain th...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.