- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Impact of ICT on Society - The advantages and disadvantages of teleworking.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Unit 9: Impact of ICT on Society
Task 1: The advantages and disadvantages of teleworking.
Advantages for Employee
Disadvantages for Employee
Working hours would be more flexible depending on job e.g. reporter for newspaper would have to write up a story that happened in the morning straight away.
Employee may feel isolated due to lack of social contact with other employees.
Save on travel costs and inconvenience of travel.
Hard for employee to separate work from home. For example if the employee has children running around the house it would be hard for them to concentrate on there work.
Possibly get more work done because you are in your own environment.
It would be harder to sort out technical problems if you work from home. No ICT support.
Advantages for Employer
Disadvantages for Employer
Fewer staff at offices so no need for lots of offices.
It is harder to control and monitor the workforce if they are not in the office with you. Although there are packages that can monitor every key the employer presses that day.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Information Systems and Communication (view all)
- Barriers to Effective Communication Communication is the pro...
- This essay will look at communication within a healthcare se...
- Social Implications of E-Commerce
- Communication and Supportive Skills For Care Work.
- List and describe the 11 systems of the human body, their fu...
- Discuss the Causes and Effects of the Digital Divide
- Evaluation of an IT task - producing a holiday brochure
- Evaluation. In this unit of controlled assessment I have dev...
- Compare and Contrast Major console platforms
- E-Commerce Laws and Legislation - The Data Protection Act
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.