- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
List and describe the 11 systems of the human body, their functions and major organs.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to ICT and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
25 September 2003
Subject : List and describe the 11 systems of the Human Body, their functions and Major Organs.
1. Skeletal System
2. Respiratory System
3 Circulatory System
4. Digestive System
5. Endocrine System
6. Reproductive System
7. Nervous System
8. Integumentary System
9. Lymphatic (& Immunity) System
10. Muscular System
11. Urinary (or Genito-Urinary) System
Functions and Major Organs
This is the name attributed to the 350 bones that keeps the rest of our body up. Although the amount of bones we
have at birth actually reduces between then and childhood to around 206, as some of our bones fuse together during
growth. Our bones are most important to us as they do 3 essential tasks :
a) The skeleton is the protection for our vital organs, including the brain, heart and lungs.
b) The skeleton makes us the shape that we are and supports our tissue otherwise we would just be a mass of
blood and flesh
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Information Systems and Communication (view all)
- E-Commerce Laws and Legislation - The Data Protection Act
- Networking Systems. Network Cabling, Network Interface Cards...
- Explain the legislation and legal implications of Copyright ...
- The Impact of Mobile Phones on social Interaction
- Compare the effectiveness of different transmission methods.
- Information technology and the way we work
- Popularity of Social networking sites: The reasons and how t...
- Discuss the impact of ICT on cinema and entertainment system...
- Discuss the impact of ICT on the way we socialise and intera...
- Identify, possible future developments in ICT and explain th...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.