- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Strand Two ITGS Assignment - Standards and Protocols allow different rules and settings to work together with each other in different IT systems. They might control how hardware, software and information are understood in the IT environment.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Standards and Protocols
Standards and Protocols are technical rules and conventions that enable compatibility and therefore facilitate communications or interoperability between different IT systems and their components. They might govern the design and use of hardware, software and information. For example the communication protocols used on the internet, the ASCII representations for characters or the design of the printer port on a personal computer are all governed by standards.
Standards and Protocols allow different rules and settings to work together with each other in different IT systems. They might control how hardware, software and information are understood in the IT environment. For example, if you wanted to print something off the internet (picture), the computer follows certain protocols to send the information from the internet to the printer port, to be digitalized on paper.
Video Clip: Before talking about the 5 articles, I found a video to help explain what and Internet Protocol is, since many of the articles have to do with Internet Protocol
The second video goes a little more in depth about IP, and how it works
* Digital Nomads
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Information Systems and Communication (view all)
- Barriers to Effective Communication Communication is the pro...
- This essay will look at communication within a healthcare se...
- Social Implications of E-Commerce
- List and describe the 11 systems of the human body, their fu...
- Diffusion of Innovation
- Discuss the Causes and Effects of the Digital Divide
- Evaluation of an IT task - producing a holiday brochure
- Evaluation. In this unit of controlled assessment I have dev...
- Compare and Contrast Major console platforms
- E-Commerce Laws and Legislation - The Data Protection Act
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.