- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
This report will look at the contrast and differing functionality between the two operating systems, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows 2000.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Battle of the Operating Systems
This report will look at the contrast and differing functionality between the two operating systems, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows 2000. It will give details of arguments for both systems and look at areas such as Installation, Interface, Hardware compatibility and Internet support incorporating networking, multitasking, file management and utilities. The report will also include feedback on the comparisons between the systems from CNET.com.
It is important to understand that the Mac OS X system is produced by and will work only with Apple Mackintosh machines, whereas Microsoft have developed their operating system to work with most independent made computers and do not produce their own hardware in order to run the operating systems and software that they develop.
First of all though we need to understand what is an Operating System (OS) and Network Operating System (NOS) so that within the report we can look at the different functionalities of the two OS systems in question.
OS and NOS
What is OS? - OS is the Operating System that all computers have nowadays and it enables the PC to function by doing two main things which
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Information Systems and Communication (view all)
- This essay will look at communication within a healthcare se...
- Explain in detail "Communication Process" and writ...
- Explain the role of web architecture in website communicatio...
- Impact of ICT on Society - The advantages and disadvantages ...
- Barriers to Effective Communication Communication is the pro...
- Discuss the Causes and Effects of the Digital Divide
- Evaluation of an IT task - producing a holiday brochure
- Evaluation. In this unit of controlled assessment I have dev...
- Compare and Contrast Major console platforms
- E-Commerce Laws and Legislation - The Data Protection Act
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.