- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Disputes - Is ADR always more appropriate or does attending court sometimes providing a better solution?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Compare and contrast ADR with the court.
Is ADR always more appropriate or does attending court sometimes providing a better solution?
1. There are 4 main types of ADR; they are Negotiation, Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration. For the negotiationNEGOTIAION, this is the most informal way of resolving disputes and it is commonplace in everyday life, especially in consumer dispute. The parties agree a solution 'over the fence', without the need for the intervention of lawyers. By using negotiation, the matter can be solved quickly and privately. The parties can set their own timetable and less cost if process close by and shorter. Although there is no appeal allowed for the negotiation, parties can abandon at any time or resort to courts.
2. Conciliation CONCILIATION is similar to mediation, but there is no neutral third party. Instead, there is a conciliator. The conciliator has the power to suggest a resolution and avoid litigation. It is often used is cases of unfair dismissal like employment dispute. Same as negotiation, the parties can set their own timetable and less cost if the process close by and shorter. Also it is very private and informal/ Different from other types of ADR,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Machinery of Justice (view all)
- Describe trial by jury within the English legal system. How ...
- Alternative dispute resolution. Alternative methods for res...
- Conditional Fee Arrangements and Legal Aid
- Law - Piercing the corporate veil
- Rape shield laws also intended to protect victims of sexual ...
- Access to Civil Justice in This Age of Austerity
- Expert Testimony and Its Value In the Justice System
- Describe the process by which it is decided where a trial wi...
- Describe the use of the Practice Statement using the sources...
- The approach of the courts to sentencing is far too slack. ...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student