- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Entores ltd V. Miles Far East Corperation  2 QB 327(CA)
The first 200 words of this essay...
ENTORES LTD V. MILES FAR EAST CORPORATION  2 QB 327(CA)
Parties to the Case
Miles Far East Corporation are an American corporation with agents all over the world, including a Dutch Company in Amsterdam. (Appellants)
Entores Ltd are a company registered and resident in England, with an office in London. (Respondents)
There was a breach of contract by the appellant. In the county court the respondents ordered to serve notice of the writ in an action for damages for breach of contract on the ground that the contract was made in England and therefore fell within the terms of R.S.C.,ord. 11,r 1 (e),(i). Miles Far East Corporation appealed to the Court of Appeal. It was an interlocutory appeal for the discharge of the order dated Dec. 17 1954 which gave liberty to the plaintiffs to serve the notice of a writ.
The English Company received a telex offer from the Dutch company.
Telex, like a telephone is the form of the instantaneous communication. Each Company had a teleprinter machine in its office; and each has a teletex number like
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Law of Contract (view all)
- Outline how consumers are protected in contracts for the sal...
- Law of Contract - Promissory Estoppel
- Definitions of Actus reus, mens rea & strict liability
- Offer and acceptance when forming a contract.
- "The requirement of consideration is an unnecessary com...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'