- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Offers may be withdrawn at any time up until acceptance Discuss the extent to which you agree with this statement and analyse the rules which determine the validity of the withdrawal of an offer.
The first 200 words of this essay...
ï»¿Question : â Offers may be withdrawn at any time up until acceptanceâ
Discuss the extent to which you agree with this statement and analyse the rules which determine the validity of the withdrawal of an offer.
The English law on the formation of contract generally requires there to be an offer and acceptance. By the presence of both only then a legally binding bilateral contract can be formed. It is not necessary for a contract to be in a written form. A contract is an exchange of promises and it lies fundamentally at the heart commercial transaction.
Contract is an agreement between a person who makes an offer which is known as an offeror and a person who accepts the offer which is known as and offeree. An offer can be accepted or even rejected. In addition to that, it can also be revoked at any time up until acceptance. This is also known as revocation of an offer. This principle was laid down in an old case of Payne v Cave . Once an offer has been accepted by an offeree, a binding contract is formed and the offer
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Law of Contract (view all)
- Contract Law - Offer And Acceptance
- In this Assignment I am going to describe the requirements o...
- Contract Law - Acceptance.
- "The requirement of consideration is an unnecessary com...
- What is the importance of implied terms to the contract of e...
- Offers last forever unless expressly revoked. Critically eva...
- Misrepresentation Case. After a few days use, Bianca discove...
- Contract Law, Scenario Assignment
- Economic Loss & Negligent Misstatements questions and an...
- Contract Law Legal Briefing on Lucy v. Zehmer Supreme Court ...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.