- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
There were twenty or more pre-trials or trials that day. The speed in which they were handled was surprisingly
The first 200 words of this essay...
On Thursday November 17th, 2005 we attempted to go and see a trial at the Oakland County Circuit Court. An attorney friend advised us to go to the Macomb Circuit Court that Thursday, but due to a scheduling conflict we chose to go the Oakland County Court. We were also advised to go around 1:00 p.m. because the court would commence again after lunch. We arrived to the court at 12:45 and after passing through security we quickly went to the fifth floor courtrooms to find a trial. Upon reaching the fifth floor we found that on that particular Thursday there were several pre-trials being held instead of a single trial. These are the observations that we made in Courtroom 2B on that day.
The courtroom was very busy that day as we entered. Many well-dressed attorneys were scrambling about the courtroom talking to their own clients and other attorneys. We sat in the back of the courtroom in order to take everything in. Just before 1:00 p.m. the Court Clerk, Lindsey Hills, asked everyone to rise because Judge Michael Warren was entering the courtroom. The courtroom was quiet for a moment and then Judge Warren called the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Machinery of Justice (view all)
- Explain the requirements of lawful arrest and detention
- The Rain Horse By Ted Hughes.
- Describe both the qualifications required for juries and the...
- Briefly outline the various sentencing options available to ...
- Critically analyse the relationship between law and justice.
- Access to Civil Justice in This Age of Austerity
- Expert Testimony and Its Value In the Justice System
- Describe the process by which it is decided where a trial wi...
- Describe the use of the Practice Statement using the sources...
- The approach of the courts to sentencing is far too slack. ...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student