- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
INVESTIGATION INTO THE NUMBER OF GERANIUM ROBERTIANUM ON TWO DIFFERENT HEDGEBANKS
A student was investigating the hedgebanks surrounding two cultivated fields. Each field contained a different crop. They were situated approximately 1 mile apart. Using random quadrats the student recorded the distribution of the cranesbill Geranium robertianum on the two hedgebanks. The results are shown below.
Number of Geranium robertianum per quadrats
HEDGEBANK A 5 3 4 6 2 3 1 4 3 2 6
HEDGEBANK B 8 5 3 4 9 7 6 5 8 4
Q1. Was there a significant difference between the distribution of Geranium robertianum on the two hedgebanks? (Give reasons for the test chosen and the conclusion reached)
Q2. Suggest possible reasons for any differences in vegetation between the two hedgebanks.
I have decided to choose the Mann-Whitney U-Test to determine if there is a significant difference between the distribution of the Geranium robertianum, on the two hedgebanks. I have chosen this test because the two sets of data I have been provided with are not normally distributed, that is to say most of the larger scores of samples were in one set, hedgebank
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Probability & Statistics (view all)
- Dehydration and Gas Chromatography of Methylcyclohexanols.
- The heights of 16-18 year old young adults varies between ma...
- Different factors that Influence Sociologist's choice of res...
- Maths Cars coursework Plan
- data handling
- Aim: in this task, you will investigate the different functi...
- Statistics. I have been asked to construct an assignment re...
- Statistics coursework
- Anthropometric Data
- Chebyshevs Theorem and The Empirical Rule
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.