- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
How Can Samples Describe Populations?
The first 200 words of this essay...
A facet of modern society is the vast amount of information and knowledge that is available, communicated and accumulated. Adding to this knowledge base through research necessitates a need to organise, simplify and summarise the information, if it is to be useful.
The scientist's goal in general is to investigate and describe the implications of findings of a given problem or hypothesis. When phenomena are not of natural sciences but of a sociological character, there is debate on what serves as validation of hypothesis. It is therefore imperative for any investigation into social phenomena to consider the research methodologies used to explore subject matters and the ramifications that the subsequent results imply.
Social sciences concentrate on the interaction of people and communities in relation to the infrastructure and environment that affects them. The main information seeking tools that are used in the field of study are surveys/questionnaires and interviews. The broad scope of social sciences means that the investigation could involve a very large, scaling down to a very few, number of subjects. This is obviously dependant upon the particular study. What is common to all cases though is the need for the collected data
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Probability & Statistics (view all)
- Different factors that Influence Sociologist's choice of res...
- Average length of films.
- Statistics - Men are more accurate than women at estimating ...
- Dehydration and Gas Chromatography of Methylcyclohexanols.
- Investigate a possible relationship between self-esteem and ...
- Aim: in this task, you will investigate the different functi...
- Statistics. I have been asked to construct an assignment re...
- Statistics coursework
- Anthropometric Data
- Chebyshevs Theorem and The Empirical Rule
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.