- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Numerical Methods Coursework
The first 200 words of this essay...
For this coursework, I am going to use knowledge of numerical methods to produce an approximation to an area which does not have an analytic solution.
I would be finding the approximation of the integral on the graph between the shaded portion of the graph above which is from 0 to 1 using numerical integration.
This problem was chosen because it cannot be integrated by any analytical method, therefore approximation method would be used. Due to this I suggest that this problem will be appropriate for numerical solution.
To solve this problem, I am going to use knowledge of numerical integration studied in the Numerical Methods textbook.
Numerical integration is a method used to approximate an area under the graph. According to syllabus on NM module, the approximate methods of definite integrals may be determined by numerical integration using;
1. Mid - point rule
2. Trapezium rule
3. Simpson's rule
Since there are lots mathematical functions which can not be integrated in real life, an alternative approach to these problems are to sub-divide the area under the graph into strips or
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Core & Pure Mathematics (view all)
- C3 Coursework - different methods of solving equations.
- Three ways of reading The Bloody Chamber.
- Investigation on Boyles law
- C3 Numerical Solutions to Equations
- Numerical solution of equations, Interval bisection---change...
- Newton Raphson Method for Solving 6x3+7x2-9x-7=0
- C3 COURSEWORK - comparing methods of solving functions
- Numerical integration coursework
- Fixed point iteration: Rearrangement method explained
- Fractals. In order to create a fractal, you will need to be...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.