- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
'The Average Length of a Sample of 52 Randomly Selected Films'.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The title of my investigation is 'The Average Length of a Sample of 52 Randomly Selected Films'. As you can interpret from this title, I am going to investigate into the length of a set of randomly selected feature length films. I have chosen to do films because everyone watches films. This leaves me with the predicament of trying to decide how long films should be. Is there a certain length of a film that after the audience has finished watching, they feel that they have not got their money's worth and in consequence stop watching it and get disappointed? In contrast, is there a certain length of film that after the audience has finished watching, they are bored because the film has run on for too long? In short, my aim for this investigation is to find the average length of films.
To determine a population for my course-work, I am going to use the HMV superstore Internet site to search for my sample of films. This film site is split up into categories corresponding to letters of the alphabet; therefore there are a total of 26 categories as there is 26 letters of the alphabet. Each category contains
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Probability & Statistics (view all)
- Analysis of Bivariate Data - I aim to investigate the relati...
- Case study -Super Savers is wishing to move into the UK Food...
- Maths Cars coursework Plan
- Identifying Relationships -Introduction to Statistical Infer...
- Telepathy Maths Investigation
- Aim: in this task, you will investigate the different functi...
- Statistics. I have been asked to construct an assignment re...
- Statistics coursework
- Anthropometric Data
- Chebyshevs Theorem and The Empirical Rule
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.