- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analysing How Steven Spielberg Creates Tension and Suspense in Jaws.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Analysing How Steven Spielberg
Creates Tension and
The essay is about analysing the ways the director builds suspense and scares the audience I shall explain the effects of the following:
Sound and music, camera shots, red herrings and tension in the plot. I will also include a conclusion and will give my views on the scariest moment of the film and provide my reasons for this.
The film is called Jaws. We get some idea of what the movie is about by this title. Steven Spielberg directed the film.
The story involves a series of attacks on swimmers by a great white shark. The effects of the shark attacks threaten the future of the resort's tourist business. Finally there is an epic attempt by three men to track the shark and kill it. The film is set in a fictional place called Amity Island in 1975.
The film begins with a title sequence, which lasts for approximately two minutes. We get a point of view shot; this is where we see a camera shot of what a character or, in this case, shark can see.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- 'Beneath Clouds' by Ivan Sen
- Rock salt Experiment.
- Youth Sub-Cultures, Popular Music and Social Change
- "It is through what we wear that we all establish our i...
- Why is Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band a milestone in P...
- A comparative study of how women are represented in popular ...
- Business Analysis of Ninja Records
- Music Video Analysis - I have chosen to analyse the video fo...
- Michael Jackson Case Study
- How successful have your chosen texts been for their industr...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.