- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Definition of plagiarism/cheating - Britney and Beethoven.
The first 200 words of this essay...
ENGL 101 : Section 054
Definition of plagiarism/cheating
Britney and Beethoven
Music has served various cultures and generations as a panacea because it is a medium that can amplify any given purpose. The Turkish Druze create music to intensify their prayer, the Native Americans to invoke rain, educators to instill morals into younger generations, and elevator salespersons to heighten the nuisance of elevator rides. In the case of popular music, the goal of financial gain outweighs all other purposes. Popular music classifies as music that is not art and has achieved a certain amount of media and advertising coverage. The knowledge of popular music is attainable through an argument of what makes an object classify as a work of art and understanding that pop is not art.
An object must pass two classifications to be considered as art. The object in question must be a creation of the artist and communicate a universal and eternal message to the audience. To classify as not being art, popular music must defy at least one of these classifications.
The first classification for an object to classify
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- What were the main features of youth culture in the 1960s?
- Theodore Adorno's notions of 'standardisation' and 'pseudo-i...
- 'The Soundtrack to my life'
- Music Industry - Four Roles Live Performance A live performe...
- My Autobiography.
- How are So Solid Crew typical of the genre they belong to?
- Explore the importance of narratives in Ed Sheerans Music Vi...
- Discuss the issues raised by media ownership in the producti...
- A comparative study of how women are represented in popular ...
- Business Analysis of Ninja Records
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.