- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Describe popular culture in Britain at the beginning of the 1960's.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Q1) Describe popular culture in Britain at the beginning of. The 1960's.
The Sixties were an exciting revolutionary period of time with great social and technological change. Some people called it the "decade of discontent" because of the race riots in Detroit and La, and the demonstrations against the Vietnam War. Other people called it the decade of "peace, love, and harmony". It was called this because of the peace movement and the emergence of the flower children. The sixties were about assassination, unforgettable fashion, new styles of music, civil rights, gay and women's liberation, Vietnam, Neil Armstrong landing on the moon, peace marches, sexual freedom, drug experimentation, and Woodstock. All of these components caused a revolutionary change in the world of popular Music.
The beginning of Rock and roll started with The Twist. By Chubby Checker This song changed our dancing moves. Other dance songs that helped this period of rock and roll along include: The Mash Potato and the monster mash. The Beatles started the British invasion in 1964, when they had their first television appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show. American recordings of British Pop Music influenced the British Invasion. This period
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- Coursework Evaluation- Music Video. My research investigatio...
- Media - Pre production piece, storyboard for music video.
- Stand By Me Essay
- The Lion King - Media techniques such as camera angles, musi...
- In Muriel's Wedding identity is represented by numerous film...
- Discuss the issues raised by media ownership in the producti...
- A comparative study of how women are represented in popular ...
- Business Analysis of Ninja Records
- Music Video Analysis - I have chosen to analyse the video fo...
- Michael Jackson Case Study
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.