- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Discus the revival of a new era magician chic.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Since the magician Harry Houdini stunned the world with his death defying antics in the early 1900's, magicians have remained a source of intrigue and wonder to many people. The 1970's and 80's brought about a huge public interest in the magic trade. Performers such as Paul Daniels ruled our television screens as millions of people tuned into his show week after week and gazed in wonder at the tricks and illusions that were performed before their very eyes. This era of magicians reached its peak in the early 1990's as viewers soon began to bore of the same tired tricks and the glitz and glamour that was attached, came to be seen as tacky and cheap.
However, the twenty-first century has brought about a revival of a new era magician chic. As recently reported in the Munster Express: "Suddenly folks, right before your very eyes - it's magic, and it's cool again. Gone are the bald geezers, the toupee and blonde assistant blocks and we have the young set."
Magicians such as David Copperfield have shot to stardom, famed equally for their celebrity lifestyles as their daring new magic skills. David Copperfield's relationship
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Advertisements (view all)
- Task2: how professional advertising agencies can contribute ...
- (A) How professional advertising agencies can contribute to ...
- How does advertising affect us in our daily lives?
- Advertising is more about manipulation than information
- Compare the persuasive techniques used in the two charity fu...
- The aim of this project is to systematically stylistically a...
- Gender Stereotypes in Advertising.
- This ad, for Cannery Row, shows a picture of three children ...
- Analysis of Coca Cola and iPad adverts.
- Advertising on Television Media Essay.Advertising on televis...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.